Tuesday, July 08, 2008

BTW

Oh, By The Way...

<--Grace and Peter up at Richardson's Grove back in 2003

Sometime in 1975 Martha and I visited my parents down in Cupertino, and sometime during dinner, I casually let it slip that Martha and I planned to get married in December. It was a great gag, and we replayed a version of it later with Martha's parents.

We're flying to Kauai tomorrow on a family vacation, and Grace and Peter are already there. Grace called today to make plans to meet tomorrow, and at some point, simply said "Peter proposed to me last night."

I guess turnabout is fair play. I am pretty surprised, and am running pictures through my head of Spencer Tracy and Steve Martin playing Father of the Bride. I'm trying hard to not be real obnoxious. We'll see how that goes!

4 comments:

Ric said...

Grace will be a lovely bride!

UnifiedTheory said...

Very Cool!

Anonymous said...

Geoff, we are thrilled to have Grace "officially" in the family. She and Pete were made for each other. We look forward to the big day; both of these "kids" are gold!

Megan said...

Geoff, this is Megan, Peter's sister - and my Dad said it best! We're so excited to welcome Grace "officially", though she's been a wonderful addition to our family for years already. :) We are looking so forward to a wedding!