Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Gag Me With a Spoon


I Couldn't Resist

I watched a little bit of the Repugnican convention tonight, and tried not to yell at the TV too much. There sure were a lot of white people at the convention, telling us proudly they were putting "Country First." It is clearer more now than ever that this campaign will rarely stray into the field of reality; lies will be told, big lies, and lots of them.

The GOP is revving up its putting down of the "Mainstream Media" at the same time that said media is brown-nosing its way through its coverage. Reality distortion indeed. I could only take so much of Fred Thompson's classic serving up of 'red meat' to the assembled multitudes, and went out for a bike ride. When I got back Joe Lieberman, ex VP candidate from 2000, was shilling for McCain. Ugh.

So, all I want to do is leave you with this classic pose of 'the maverick' John McCain taking a nap on monkey boy's shoulder.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think every Obama add frrom here on out ought to have a still shot of that photo, and then they can add whatever text and voiceover they want.

Can you suggest this to the Daily Kos or Huffington Post?